The Waters on 50th Celebrates One of Their Own with March Heirloom Recipe

Our March Heirloom recipe “Uncle Mac’s Turkey Wild Rice Casserole” was submitted by Arminta Miller. She admits that she didn’t know how to cook when she married Ron. “I was the only girl in my family and my mother had no patience; she never taught me to cook.” Since Ron’s mother was a magnificent cook who ultimately opened a small restaurant, her lack of culinary skill worried Arminta. Some days he’d come home and she’d be crying, because something hadn’t worked out. Ron would say, “It’s OK, Honey. I don’t like that anyway.” Arminta knew if he stayed with her the first six months, he would stay with her forever. Arminta learned how to cook from family and friends. She and Ron have been married 57 years.

Director of Dining Randee Douglas and Chef Mitchell Gill II enjoyed lavishing attention on Arminta and Ron and their family during the meal. Said Arminta, “I feel like a star.”
 
Tina Plant | Sr. Marketing Manager | The Waters Restaurant Group