We Will Miss You, Ann!

This past Tuesday we had a celebration of our employee Ann Erickson who has worked here at North Ridge for 2 months shy of 25 years, and decided to retire and help take care of her grandchildren; as her daughter has another due in a few weeks.   When I started at North Ridge and became Ann's supervisor there wasn't a week that went by that residents, family members, or other staff didn't stop me and tell me what a gem Ann was.  

It wasn't long that I realized what a gem she was, when I was given a tour of the facility she met me in the 2 West dining room and said, "this is my dining room" and she meant it, she ran that area like a well oiled machine.  On Ann's days off the residents would say "Where is Annie?" 

At her retirement party the 2 West dining room was packed with family members, residents, and her family all gathered together to wish Ann well.  Our past resident council president took the microphone and spoke and said "I don't know what I am going to do, Annie is my best friend" 
This is what I think we all strive for in our careers in healthcare and Ann had achieved it.  Ann you will be missed but you touched so many lives in the 24 plus years you were here. 

Esther Hagen | Nutrition Director  |North Ridge Health and Rehab