AMITL Gilbert Residence

We here at the Gilbert Residence are happily eating our way through all the wonderful cultures in "A Meal in the Life".  


For  The Spice of Indian Life:  Chef Bal's recipes were wonderful and easy to make.  Our own Sheetal was a great help; advising, teaching, cooking and answering my never ending questions. She even took me to an Indian grocer, a first for me.

We started with our Meal which included:  Butter Chicken, Indian Macaroni Cheese, Spiced Coconut Rice, Aloo Gajar Matar and Indian Rice Pudding.

Then we had a Social featuring Indian desserts and snack type foods such as, Cilantro Chutney Sandwiches, Samosa with Date Chutney, Raita, Chole, Kulfi and Kaju Phool to name a few. So much fun, so much food and I think my tongue is still tingling a bit!
     
Teresa Clark
Director of Dining Services