A Simple Bulletin Board, Many Connections, Many Conversations


Slowly throughout an entire day, I strategically assembled a diversity bulletin board outside the back entrance to our kitchen (which also happens to be directly outside our client's employee break room).  Throughout the day I was asked: What are you doing? What do all of these numbers mean? Why would we condense the world population into only 100 people? 

As I engaged in answering the several questions from the Morrison staff and Watermark Communities staff, I encouraged them to come back and view the board in it's entirety later that day.  Once fully assembled, I had several conversations with our Morrison associates, as well as Watermark associates, as to how diverse our world clearly is, but also to the diversity within our own work environments and resident community. 

This exercise was an important reminder for me that it's not always just the information you provide, but the way in which you provide it that can engage, excite, and get people invested and provide food for their thought.

todd shayler l assistant director of dining services fountains at bronson place